You are hereHome › Terms and Conditions ›
Terms and Conditions
Mauiva AirCruise Operator-Participant Agreement & General Terms and Conditions
- The price of your trip, dates of the outbound and return flights, origin and destination cities, and other conditions, are as specified in the applicable Mauiva AirCruise Experiences itinerary and/or your accepted reservation, and are incorporated herein by reference.
- All content on the Site, whether as to Mauiva AirCruise Experiences ("Experiences") or other information, is subject to change without notice. All content is published in good faith, and Operator corrects errors and omissions upon learning of the same. Similarly, the rates, terms and conditions of the booking(s) Experiences ("Booking(s)") are subject to change without notice at any time prior to Booking confirmation.
- Except as provided in 14 CFR Part 382, the U.S. Department of Transportation's rule implementing the Air Carrier Access Act, you must confirm the Operator's ability to meet any special needs (such as handicap accessibility) or requests directly with Operator. You should confirm this information upon any Booking with Operator.
- If you have any problems or questions regarding a Booking, you may contact Operator by phone at (407) 551-0577.
- Reservations may be made directly with Operator or through your travel agent. Unless and until full payment has been made, you do not have a confirmed reservation. The form of payment accepted for transportation on Operator's flights is credit card. Your payment is transmitted directly to Operator's public charter depository (escrow) account at First Niagara Bank, N.A. Your payment is additionally protected in part by a security agreement between Operator and First Niagara Bank, N.A. Unless you file a claim with Operator, or if Operator is unavailable, with First Niagara Bank, N.A., within sixty (60) days of arrival (or in the case of a canceled charter, the intended date of arrival) of the last flight of your itinerary, First Niagara Bank, N.A. shall be released from all liability to you under the security agreement.
- All Bookings must be pre-paid, by credit card, at the time of Booking. All transactions are conducted in U.S. Dollars. For your convenience, Operator accepts Visa, Mastercard, Discover Card and American Express. The total price, including any taxes, will be displayed to you prior to submitting the transaction. Operator reserves the right to re-invoice in the event of electronic or clerical payment errors that result in a failure or error of payment.
- You must have a sufficient credit balance on the credit card to complete any transaction. Upon pre-payment, you warrant that you are the authorized cardholder, or that you have been authorized by the cardholder to use the credit card. In the event the credit card is dishonored, rejected, or later contested for any reason, you agree to pay Operator the full cost of the Booking(s). Operator restricts usage of third-party credit cards. A credit card authorization form will be required for any third-party credit cards used in a transaction.
- All Bookings are subject to payment confirmation.
- Operator flights are operated by Charter Air Transport, Inc. (CAT) using Embrear EMB-120 aircraft seating 30 passengers. CAT supplies air transportation subject to all applicable laws and regulations governing the provision of commercial air transportation. Operator and CAT reserve the right to substitute another duly-licensed carrier and/or to change the aircraft type, capacity, and routing; no refund will be given for such substitutions or changes. Additionally, and subject to the provisions of this contract governing "Major Changes," Operator reserves the right to change the form of service from charter flight to scheduled flight and vice versa. Consumer protections afforded Public Charter passengers will apply only to those passengers who actually travel on a Public Charter flight. Passengers who actually travel on scheduled flights will receive only the consumer protections applicable to scheduled service. Tickets issued or procured by Operator are neither endorsable to other carriers nor usable on other routes of the same carrier. Flight dates and times are not guaranteed.
- You must be 18 years of age, and capable of legally entering into a binding contract, in order to make a Booking or to make a payment for a Booking.
- You must ensure that the information you provide to Operator upon Booking is accurate. You must inform Operator of any changes to your contact information and/or any other relevant information provided.
- Upon Booking confirmation, a designated airport for embarking your Air Tour or Experience will be confirmed to you via email receipt. You must arrive at the designated airport at least thirty (30) minutes prior to your reservation time, in order to participate in a required passenger briefing.
- Additional Experience packages are available from Operator at check-in, subject to availability.
- Baggage allowance is __ pounds per paying passenger for all trips. Any overweight or oversized luggage (larger than suitcase size) will be carried, if at all, subject to load restrictions and possible additional charges. Operator and CAT neither assume nor accept liability for lost, delayed, or damaged bags, except as provided in the terms and conditions of the respective carrier's applicable tariff and/or contract of carriage.
- Trip cancellation, health, and accident insurance is available for purchase by all passengers. Details of this insurance will be sent to you upon request.
Cancellations and Major Changes
- Operator reserves the right to cancel a trip for any reason, provided Operator notifies you in writing within seven (7) days after the cancellation occurs, but no later than ten (10) days before the scheduled departure date. A full refund will be made within fourteen (14) days after such cancellation. OPERATOR WILL NOT CANCEL A TRIP LESS THAN TEN (10) DAYS BEFORE DEPARTURE, EXCEPT FOR CIRCUMSTANCES THAT MAKE IT PHYSICALLY IMPOSSIBLE TO PERFORM THE TRIP. If such a circumstance occurs, Operator will notify you as soon as possible, and if the trip is canceled, Operator will refund all monies within fourteen (14) days. IF OPERATOR MAKES A PRE-DEPARTURE "MAJOR CHANGE" TO A TRIP, YOU MAY CANCEL UP TO TWENTY-FOUR (24) HOURS BEFORE DEPARTURE AND RECEIVE A FULL REFUND WITHIN FOURTEEN (14) DAYS AFTER CANCELLATION. Only the following constitute "major changes:" (i) a change in the departure or return date unless the change results from a flight delay experienced by the air carrier, although a delay of longer than forty-eight (48) hours will always be considered a "major change;" (ii) a change in the origin or destination city; or (iii) a price increase of more than ten (10) percent occurring ten (10) or more days before departure. If a "major change" occurs, Operator will notify you within seven (7) days after learning of the change, but at least ten (10) days before the scheduled departure. If Operator first knows of the "major change" less than ten (10) days before departure, Operator will notify you as soon as possible. IF A "MAJOR CHANGE" WHICH YOU ARE UNWILLING TO ACCEPT OCCURS AFTER YOUR OUTBOUND FLIGHT HAS BEEN COMPLETED, OPERATOR WILL REFUND, WITHIN FOURTEEN (14) DAYS AFTER YOUR SCHEDULED RETURN DAY, THAT PORTION OF YOUR PAYMENT WHICH APPLIES TO THE SERVICE NOT PROVIDED.
- IF YOU CANCEL OR CHANGE A CONFIRMED RESERVATION, OR IF YOU "NO SHOW" FOR A FLIGHT, YOUR RIGHT TO A REFUND IS LIMITED AS FOLLOWS: Customer cancellations made at least two (2) weeks prior to an Experience departure date will be without penalty. Customer Cancellations made between one (1) and two (2) weeks prior to an Experience departure date will result in a twenty percent (20%) cancellation fee. Customer cancellations made less than one (1) week prior to an Experience departure date will result in a fifty percent (50%) cancellation fee. Customer "no shows" will be entirely without right of refund, and also entirely without right of a credit. Any refund will be made within fourteen (14) days after the date of cancellation. If, at time of cancellation, a passenger provides a substitute participant utilizing the same itinerary, or if Operator provides the substitute, a full refund less a $25 administrative fee will be provided. Operator shall not be deemed to have provided a substitute participant unless all seats on the flight have been initially sold out.
- Operator will not cancel a flight less than ten (10) days before its scheduled departure, except for circumstances that make it physically impossible to perform the flight. If any such Operator cancellation occurs, the customer may either (i) reschedule the applicable Experience as available, or (ii) receive a full refund. Acceptance by customer of a refund constitutes a waiver by customer of all rights and remedies under applicable law other than the amount of the refund.
- Customer requests for amendments to, and/or exchanges of, paid Bookings will be decided upon at the sole discretion of Operator.
- Operator is free to deny boarding of any customer of any Experience or any segment thereof, in its sole discretion, subject to applicable law.
- Any customer perceived to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs prior to or upon boarding an Experience or any segment thereof may be denied permission to board, without right of refund to that passenger and any of his/her companion passengers who elect not to proceed with that Experience, or any segment thereof, as a result.
- Any customer deemed to exhibit abusive or disruptive behavior prior to or upon boarding an Experience, or any segment thereof, will be warned once that such behavior must stop, and if that customer continues such behavior, that customer may be denied permission to board, without right of refund, subject to applicable law.
- If Operator perceives any customer to be engaging in illegal activity of any kind during an Experience, Operator may terminate such Experience immediately, without right of refund, and even at an unscheduled location if necessary, at which time the customer(s) will be removed from the aircraft and law enforcement will be notified.
- YOU MUST PRESENT GOVERNMENT-ISSUED PHOTO IDENTIFICATION BEFORE BOARDING; SUCH IDENTITY DOCUMENT SHOULD MATCH YOUR NAME AS IT APPEARS ON THE PASSENGER RESERVATION LIST. FAILURE TO PROVIDE THIS TYPE OF IDENTIFICATION COULD LEAD TO DELAY IN BOARDING OR TO DENIAL OF BOARDING, SO PLEASE BE SURE TO HAVE SUCH IDENTIFICATION (SUCH AS A DRIVER'S LICENSE) READY WHEN YOU CHECK IN.
Use of Site
- Accepted Use of Site — This Site may be used by you for personal and non-commercial purposes relating to the examination, review, and purchase of Experiences on the Site. You must be at least 18 years of age and able to enter into legally binding contracts to use this Site. You are financially responsible for all uses of the Site by you. Operator reserves the right to terminate or restrict your access to all or any component of the Site, refuse service, or remove or edit content, at any time and without advance notice or liability. You are solely responsible for any use of websites that you may access through hyperlinks on the Site. Operator does not control or endorse these hyperlink-accessed websites and disclaims any endorsement of or liability for your use of such hyperlink-accessed websites.
- Prohibited Use of Site — You may not reproduce, duplicate, modify, copy, distribute, transmit, display, sell, transfer, publish, create derivative works from or otherwise exploit for any purpose the content, software, products, or services or data found on this Site. You may not (i) access, monitor or copy any content or information on this Site using any robot, spider, scraper or other automated means or any manual process for any purpose without express written permission of Operator; (ii) violate the restrictions in any robot exclusion headers on this Site or bypass or circumvent other measures employed to prevent or limit access to this Site; (iii) take any action that imposes, or may impose, in the discretion of Operator, an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on the Operator's infrastructure; or (iv) deep-link to any portion of this Site (including where applicable, without limitation, the purchase path for any travel services) for any purpose without express written permission of Operator. You will not use this Site for any purpose that is unlawful and/or prohibited by these Terms. You will not use the Site for any speculative, false, or fraudulent Booking purposes. Any information you send to this Site is transmitted at your sole risk. Operator reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to bar your use of the Site with or without notification.
Liability & Warranty Disclaimers
- EXCEPT AS OTHERWISE PROVIDED HEREIN, OPERATOR AND OPERATOR'S SUPPLIERS MAKE NO WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, REGARDING THIS SITE AND/OR ANY CONTENT, DATA, SOFTWARE, MATERIALS, INFORMATION, PRODUCTS, SERVICES AND/OR OPERATION OF THE SITE, ALL OF WHICH ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS. YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT THE USE OF THIS SITE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. OPERATOR EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, THAT THE SITE WILL BE ERROR-FREE, SECURE, UNINTERRUPTED, OR VIRUS-FREE. THE INFORMATION, SOFTWARE, PRODUCTS AND SERVICES ON THIS SITE MAY INCLUDE INACCURACIES OR TYPOGRAPHICAL ERRORS.
- EXCEPT AS OTHERWISE PROVIDED HEREIN, OPERATOR, ITS AGENTS AND/OR EMPLOYEES WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL LOSS, CLAIM, INJURY AND/OR DAMAGE ARISING OUT OF, OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH, THE USE OF THIS SITE, OR FOR ANY INFORMATION SOFTWARE, PRODUCTS, AND SERVICES OBTAINED THROUGH THIS SITE, OR ANY FAILURE OR DELAY, OR THE PERFORMANCE OR NONPERFORMANCE BY OPERATOR OR ITS SUPPLIERS, WHETHER BASED ON CONTRACT, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF OPERATOR AND/OR ITS SUPPLIERS HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBLITY OF ANY LOSS, CLAIM, INJURY AND/OR DAMAGE.
- OPERATOR'S LIABILITY FOR ANY CLAIM MADE BY YOU RELATING TO MAUIVA AND/OR AIRCRUISE EXPERIENCE PRODUCTS MADE AVAILABLE ON THIS SITE IS LIMITED TO SOLELY THE AMOUNT PAID BY YOU TO OPERATOR FOR SUCH SERVICE AND/OR TRAVEL INVENTORY.
- OPERATOR IS NOT RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY REIMBURSMENT DUE TO THE IMPROPER BEHAVIOR OF CUSTOMERS IMPACTING AN EXPERIENCE.
- Operator is the principal and is responsible for making arrangements to provide the services included in the trip. In all cases, transportation is subject to all of the terms and conditions of the respective carrier's applicable tariff and/or contract of carriage; in the case of scheduled airline service, refer to the air transportation ticket for conditions of carriage and notice of incorporated terms, and inquire of the airline for additional details. Airlines and other travel suppliers are not agents or employees of Operator, but are independent contractors over whom Operator has no control. Accordingly, you hereby agree that, except as otherwise provided herein, Operator is not responsible or liable for any loss, injury, expense, damage to property or personal sickness, injury, or death which results directly or indirectly from (a) an act or omission of any air carrier or other travel supplier, or (b) any other cause or act, of whatsoever nature, beyond the direct and immediate control of Operator. Except as otherwise specified herein, in the event of non-operation of any flight due to reasons beyond the control of Operator, Operator's sole liability shall be to refund to you that portion of the price allocable to the services not provided. Any deviation from the trip that you initiate is solely your responsibility.
You will defend and indemnify Operator, its officers, directors, employees and agents from and against any claim, cause of action or demand, loss, fine, penalty or cost, including without limitation reasonable legal and accounting fees, as a result of your breach of the Terms and/or your violation of any law or the rights of third parties.
You agree to abide by the terms and conditions of use and purchase imposed by Operator in relation to this Site and the products and services, including Experiences, available through it. THE RIGHTS AND REMEDIES MADE AVAILABLE UNDER THIS CONTRACT ARE IN ADDITION TO ANY OTHER RIGHTS OR REMEDIES AVAILABLE UNDER APPLICABLE LAW; HOWEVER, ACCEPTANCE OF A REFUND FURNISHED UNDER THIS CONTRACT SHALL CONSTITUTE A WAIVER OF SUCH OTHER RIGHTS AND REMEDIES
Modification of Terms
Operator reserves the right to modify these Terms and this Site at any time. Your continued use of this Site will be subject to the Terms in effect at the time of your use.
Trademarks, Licenses and Ownership
All content included on this Site, including but not limited to data, graphics, sound, artwork, the look and feel of the Site, page headers, custom graphics, button icons, scripts and computer code, is the property of Operator, or the Suppliers of Operator, and is protected by the United States and international copyright laws. Operator, its subsidiaries, Suppliers of Operator and/or other third parties own the marks displayed on this Site. Nothing contained on this Site should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel or otherwise, any license or right to use any such marks without the express written permission of Operator or the party that owns the mark. Any software that is available on this Site is owned by Operator or its Suppliers. The use of software on this Site is subject to the Terms and either (i) any license agreement provided at the time of initial use by you, or, if no license agreement is provided to you at the time of initial use by you, (ii) a grant by Operator of a license for you to use the software for your personal, non-commercial, non-transferable purpose. No warranty or guarantee of any kind is made as to the software on this Site.
- The headings in these Terms are for convenience and reference. The headings do not limit, interpret or affect the Terms.
- Your acceptance of these Terms and use of the Site do not create a joint venture, partnership, employment or agency relationship with Operator.
- You may not assign, delegate or transfer your rights or obligations under these Terms.
- If Operator fails to act with respect to your breach or anyone else's breach of the Terms on any occasion, Operator does not thereby waive its right to act with respect to future or similar breaches.
Choice of Law and Related Terms
All communication, including legal notices, to Operator shall be sent to: Mauiva, 220 East Central Parkway Ste. 3000 Altamonte Springs, FL 32701, Attn: Legal Department. Notices to Operator are effective upon actual receipt by Mauiva.
Mauiva.com (August 2011)